Are you looking for an affordable alternative to stone or wood floors? Vinyl flooring is a popular method used primarily in institutional and commercial applications. It will give you a high level of customization and design flexibility. Vinyl flooring is the type of multi-layer vinyl flooring that is made up of materials such as plastic, fiberglass, and PVC. Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, so vinyl flooring also has some advantages and disadvantages which you can find by reading this article.
Why Should You Opt For Vinyl Flooring?
Floors are an important component of your home decoration. Anyone who visits your house will be the first to notice your floor, unintentionally. That’s why you need to have beautiful floors that are eye-catching, last long, and are affordable. If you want to transform your home or commercial area into a beautiful and impressive place, vinyl tiles are definitely what you are looking for.
Advantages Of Vinyl Floors
· Durability : Vinyl floors are very durable and can withstand heavy traffic for long periods without damage. This makes modern vinyl flooring ideal for commercial spaces and institutions, as they require flooring that is durable and lasts a long time. A properly installed vinyl floor can be expected to last about twenty years.
· Cost Effective: The durability of vinyl floors does not make them expensive. In fact, it is comparatively economical, making it an excellent substitute for conventional flooring and tiling methods. Because of the material it is made of, vinyl is cheap compared to wood or stone tiles and even concrete.
· Maintenance: Being extremely durable and low cost is just the beginning. Vinyl floors are extremely low maintenance and do not require constant attention. Vinyl tiles can be easily maintained as they withstand many impacts, are abrasion resistant, and can be cleaned very easily by using mechanical polishing equipment and chemical strippers.
· Easy Installation: Vinyl flooring is extremely easy to install and can be installed in no time. It is also the best material if you are someone who loves DIY projects. There have been records of people installing vinyl flooring themselves in just ten minutes, saving them the costs of professional installation and saving them time. Another important thing to keep in mind is that vinyl can be installed over an existing linoleum floor or over the vinyl itself, turning the latter into a subfloor.
· Water Resistant: Vinyl floors are water resistant. This property makes them the reference tiles when it comes to the kitchen. As it is extremely easy to clean, kitchen tiles do not require much attention compared to conventional tiles due to their water-resistant properties.
· High Friction Factor: Vinyl flooring has a higher friction factor than other flooring materials. The higher the dynamic friction factor, the lower the chance of someone slipping and falling. The high hardness allows the floor to support much more weight than we can imagine, making it the perfect combination of profitability, durability and ease of use.
· Cushion Effect: The spongy quality of the floor can cushion falls. By chance, if that expensive glass plate falls from your hands or from the table, there is a high probability that it will not break if the floor is made of tile or vinyl sheets. Normal tiles, on the other hand, would not be able to cushion the fall and there are high chances of the object breaking.